Note To Self

My father wanted to name me Dune, but my mother said no. 
Instead, I was given the name Toren. 
She named me after Torendill, 
a character in Tolkien's fantasy novel Lord of The Rings. 
He was a high-elf commander.... 

In Old English, my name means Watchtower. 
It's quite fitting I think...
I lookout for others....and I think people look up to me; which is a nice feeling. I often feel responsible for others...I'm protective.....
sometimes too much..... 
I try to have people's best interest at heart....and care about my loved ones.....
sometimes too much....

Step by step, I'm learning to watch over myself though...

But hey,  I learned something new today...supposedly my name also means "chief" in Gaelic. I like that:-)

           People with this name have a deep inner desire 
      to inspire others in a higher cause, and to share 
      their own strongly held views on spiritual matters.
      
      People with this name tend to be passionate, 
      compassionate, intuitive, romantic, and to have 
      magnetic personalities. They are usually humanitarian,               broadminded and generous, and tend to follow 
      professions where they can serve humanity. 
      Because they are so affectionate and giving, 
      they may be imposed on. They are romantic and 
      easily fall in love, but may be easily hurt and 
      are sometimes quick-tempered.