Fifth Harmony - Sledgehammer


...I said yes to his invitation
and showed up at 7:55 pm.
I apologized for being late
But he smiled and said
"You're only ten minutes after, it's ok"
I sat down and explained it took me a while
to get to the restaurant right after work
and the traffic was bad
but he didn't seem to mind.
He just seemed so happy I was there.
I quickly settled down.

He looked handsome
in his navy blazer and striped wide neck T
His thick blonde hair quaffed to the right
his eyes staring into me.
His face held a slight yearning
"What's wrong?" I asked
"Nothing, nothing at all," he blushed.
He told me I made him nervous
and that he hadn't been out
with someone he really liked
in quite some time.
He told me he liked my scarf
and that he wanted to
tie me up with it.
I laughed
then bit my lip

We spoke of everything from work,

to music, to astrology
and American Horror Story
He seemed so excited to know
everything about me
and I let him see enough of me
though I proceeded with caution.
I felt bad for holding back
but I had my reasons.
Perhaps I'll reveal more
on another outing.

He stood up to use the restroom

and towered over me.
So statuesque 
so structured.
I felt lucky to be out with him
and I could tell
he felt the same about me.

My heart quaked just a little

as I watched him return to the table.
His walk, his air
The whole room watched
and seemed envious
of us dining together.
It was an odd
but nice 
feeling

at the end

he walked me to my car
and kissed me.
Gripping me firm,
his mouth pillowed
and salty from our pecan dessert.
what a rich, interesting flavor
those lips
that cologne...